Early in January, I listed the following as possible ideas for 2103 personal goals. As I’ve written before, I do not realistically expect to accomplish all of these. Some will be dropped; others will be added. I’ll try things and not like them; opportunities will come to me that I could not have anticipated when writing down this list.
I usually review my goals monthly, select a few to work on or continue to work on, and set short-term objectives (also known as sub-goals). By the end of most years, I’m satisfied with what I’ve accomplished and my priorities.
High interest goals:
- More reading of all kinds
- Complete more courses in lynda.com, especially about photography (need to practice my lessons too)
- New routines – more meditation, reading, exercise
- What would be the ideal way I’d like my life to be?
– What can I realistically do?
– But what then do I have less of?
- Photography goals – improve my skills? More self-portraits? Night photos? Another daily project?
- Continue decluttering the house!
- Take a photo inventory of the house (haven’t updated for 8 years).
- What do I want to do for fun?
– What would make me happy to do consistently and daily?
– Doesn’t have to necessarily be the same thing for the whole year; I can change it every month
– Dogs are getting older and so am I
- Would like to write more consistently in my personal journal
- Do 10 days of gratitude for Thanksgiving http://www.chookooloonks.com/blog/10-days-of-thanksgiving-family-friends
- Create a pdf book
- Finish writing my book on doing a daily challenge
- Visit botanical gardens within a day or less drive of home, especially the ones that accept my Ginter pass.
– While I’m at it, I’d like to also visit a fellow blogger, The Dragonfly Woman, who works at the science museum in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Meet other blogging friends – there are a number of them who live somewhat close by
- Visit railroad museums / depots within a days drive or less
- Do something about my spiritual memoir? Need to pull out and review first.
- Spend more quality time with the dogs
- Any garden? Maybe flowers only?
- Eat down all the food in the freezer
Low (very low) interest:
- Try a paleo diet
- Any goals for cooking? I really don’t have time, but might have to if I want to try the paleo diet.
- Any changes to my blog? Do less often (once a week)? New layout? New direction of some sort?
- Any spiritual goals?
- Any goals for exercise?
- Put together a food inventory and costs to compare for best deals.
- Any food preservation?