Welcome to my landing page for 31 Days of Nurturing My Creativity. If you want to see my posts for the month, jump to the bottom! There are also links to posts I’ve done previously about creativity.
Why I Am Doing This
Several months ago, I questioned whether I was doing enough to nurture my creativity. By the time I finished writing my post, I decided that I was doing better than I thought, but not as good as I wanted to be doing.
In September, I participated in the 30 Days of Lists. I posted a few of them to share, then realized that I’d rather spend that time working on my photography. I did my lists everyday in my paper journal and thoroughly enjoyed it. All that changed was I chose to not share it so frequently. Instead, I worked on my pictures every night.
My Vision (Because Everyone Needs a Quest)
I intend to continue this nurturing of my creativity for the next 31 days. Some of my posts might be simply the photographs I worked on that evening (with before and after examples), others will be longer as I record what is inspiring me or influencing my creativity.
It helps me to set out expectations when I start something. I can always adjust them along the way, but it helps me frame up a project and what I need to do to accomplish it.
My expectations are:
- It will focus me on my photography and writing
- My creativity will be nurtured and strengthened
- To continue with the routine of working every night doing something for my creativity (for more on how a routine makes it easier to get something done, check out Gretchen Rubin’s post – Why I Try To Do Some Things Every Day, Without Exception)
- To encourage my readers to nurture their own creativity, whatever it is
- To give my readers things to consider for their own application to their creative processes
- To practice nurturing myself with evidence of it
- To give me a body of work for my own future reference and encouragement
Index of Posts