Things I can’t pass up:
- Books – love, love, love them. I can never have too many books.
- Bookstores – I have to check them out whenever I see one. Each one carries something a little different, so who knows what treasure I’ll find. Checking out 2 or 3 in a weekend is better yet!
- Taking pictures – No, this list is in no particular order. I enjoy the walk, looking and observing, and recording it for future enjoyment.
- Writing in my journal – I find it relaxing and rewarding to record my life. It helps me work out my thoughts and emotions, plan, and later, remember what happened.
- Chocolate – especially dark chocolate. Yummmm.
- Tea – I love buying loose tea, making tea, and drinking iced tea. Everything about the tea process makes is irresistible to me.
- Glass – I really like glass items, from paperweights to canning jars. The feel and texture just draws me.
- Leather – same as glass. Leather has a great scent in addition to how good it feels. Surprisingly, I’m not very nuts about leather coats or gloves, and my purses tend to be nylon. But I love leather wallets, leather shoes, and leather books (no surprise there – two for one!).
- Dogs – Yes, I love my three, but I also love petting dogs whenever I find them out with their owners. I always let them sniff my hand first. If a dog doesn’t want to sniff my hand or doesn’t wag after sniffing me though, I don’t touch it. But I’ll pet every dog I see if it lets me.
- Popcorn – I can’t stay away from fresh, hot popcorn. The taste, the crunchiness, and how it fills me are all appealing.
- Stationary – I love stationary and I love browsing through it at the stores! Unfortunately, I’m not very good about actually using it. This is something I try to not buy, as much as I love it.
- Blogs – Reading blogs is a fascinating past-time for me. There are so many great ones out there! I love reading about people and their lives, finding out information, and so often, learning that I’m not the only one with that problem or who feels that way. I have to limit how much I read on-line, but I’d do it all day if I could.
- Berries – These are my favorite fruit. I love them all – strawberries, blueberries, and especially raspberries. When my daughter was younger, we went to see “pick your own” farms. We’ve done it a few times more recently when I visit her in the spring. It’s fun, but a lot of work. These days, I’d rather just buy them at the store.
- Sea salt – In the last few years, I’ve become quite the connoisseur on the different sea salts. I use different ones different ways, from the pink Himalaya salt in my regular cooking, to a smoked version for my soups, and the charcoal based ones on my meats and rice. I enjoy trying out new ones too, so each time I see them at the store, I have to stop and look them over.
- Pinterest – there is such a wealth of information on Pinterest, from diet to recipes to photography and everything else. Some of it’s garbage, but much of it is actually very good. If you’re interested in following me, click on the link to the right. My quotes board is particularly good!
- Surfing the Internet – Similar to reading blogs and pinning on Pinterest, I find the Internet to be endlessly fascinating. It’s yet something else I have to be careful to limit. There is a lot of garbage out there and it’s not worthy a lot of time. But I like it nonetheless!
So that’s my list for Day #2 of 30 Days of Lists. My personal journal was just a straight list, but I wanted to share it here with some commentary. I don’t know that I’ll do that each day, but this was fun (for me).