One journaling exercise that I like is to create a list of 100. I always start excited to list out 100 things of whatever, only to struggle to complete it. Today was no different as I did a list of 100 things to be thankful for. It’s been a good year and I’d like to remember that in the future.
My list included things such as:
My favorite boy toy encouraging me to get a new camera this year and learn how to use it
- The happy dog dance I get every day when I come home from work, along with the squeals of joy
- Buying a Bluetooth earpiece for my cell phone so I can talk to my daughter during our lunch breaks and my Mom while on my way home from work
- Travels to use my camera and explore new areas
- Hot showers in the morning
- My employer refocusing and redirecting their purpose for better profitability and future growth
I listed all kinds of things, from family and friends, to my pets and possessions. I like my house and books!
The great things about these lists is looking at them later, adding what I missed, and enjoying my life as it was at that moment in time.
I leave you with a favorite chant from church, a verse that occurs repeatedly in the Psalms:
Oh give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good and His mercy endures forever.
This bright red tree was at the edge of the parking lot of one of our favorite breakfast stops, Cracker Barrel.
Word for tomorrow – BLOGGER’S CHOICE. If you prefer to work ahead, see the list for the week under “A Word A Day”.
I am a backyard adventurer, philosopher and observer, recording my life in journals and photographs. Visit my blog at www.livingtheseasons.com or write me at dogear6 [at] gmail [dot] com.