I have no particular topic for today, so thought I’d just throw out some loose thoughts.
- I love doggy daycare. It’s the best way to wear out the dogs and ensure a few days of somewhat more obedient dogs. They love it too – they know that if I’m up before dark, they’re going out. The daycare runs a doggy van out to a nearby apartment to pick up and drop off the dogs. It doesn’t get any more convenient than that.
- I can’t wait for this weekend. I have things to get done, but I need some time off from the stress of working on tax returns.
- I’m currently reading Tolstoy and The Purple Chair by Nina Sankovitch. When her sister died, Nina grieved deeply and couldn’t get on with her life. After several years, she decided to read a book a day for a year to reflect, heal, find enjoyment in her life and move on from grieving. I’m very much enjoying it so far. She is introspective and articulately shares her reflections on death, grief, and living life.
- The peaches are so good this time of the year. I eat them every day if we have them in the house.
- I don’t think I’ll have another vegetable garden next year. The peppers have lots of flowers, but no peppers. The tomatoes are ripening nicely but either the squirrels eat them or they are rotted on the end. We are eating very few. The squash is still doing good though. I’ve never done a flower garden, but I might try one next year.
- I love Greek yogurt, especially Fage 2%. It’s so rich and creamy. I add a little granola, some fruit, a little honey and yum!
- The passion flower around our mailbox is finally starting to bloom, nearly a month late probably due to the extreme heat this summer.
Word for tomorrow – FAIR. If you prefer to work ahead, see the list for the week under “A Word A Day”.